Visit our Sales Counter and Collection Point
Open Tueday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 11am to 4pm.
We offer a Sales Counter and Collection Point at our premises in Portishead whilst remaining Covid-19 Secure. The Sales Counter and Collection Point is open on Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday and Friday, from 11am to 4pm. It is closed at all other times. It is very different to the previous shop, both in layout and service. We would advise reading the following so you are not disappointed or have expectations that will not be met when you visit. Times and days of operation are subject to change at short notice and we suggest checking back here prior to organising a visit.
We are aware that many of our customers are nervous of the removal of legal Covid-19 restrictions from the 19th of July. As a company, the safety and welfare of both our customers and colleagues has always been paramount and therefore we will continue to have a requirement for both face coverings and social distancing in and around the store. Visitors will also be expected to use hand sanitiser on entry.
We are asking all customers to wear a face coverings, even from the 19th July 2021 to protect both our staff and our customers. The face covering needs to cover their mouth and nose at all times while at Model Railways Direct. This requirement does not apply to children under the age of 11 or to individuals who are unable to wear a face covering due to a medical condition. Customers without face coverings will not be allowed in to the Shop Counter & Collection area. The use of a face covering should not be seen as a substitute for social distancing. Please continue to observe rules regarding appropriate distancing while on and around the premises. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
We are asking all customers to continue to practice social distancing, i.e. remain 2 meters apart when on and around the premises, even from the 19th July 2021. This is to protect both our staff and our customers.
- Please be prepared before you visit
- Visits should be kept to a maximum of 10 minutes
- No products are on display and it is not possible to browse
- Goods cannot be examined closely before purchase
- No catalogues are available to view, although they are available to purchase
- We do not have a customer accessible website to use
- Only one person is allowed in the premises at a time, you may have to wait outside if we are busy.
- We are not accepting cash; all payments should be made by card and contactless used for purchases of £45 and less.
- Your order and payment will be taken at the counter and then the goods picked for you. You may be asked to wait outside whilst we pick your order if other people are waiting.
- Once purchased we are not able to exchange or refund items if you change your mind
- You may wish to consider:
- Making a list of the items you need
- Include the manufacturers code number
- Have a description of each item
- Check our website to see if it is in stock, reserve items over the telephone were possible
- If you have a catalogue, bring it with you.
- Bring a card for payment, we cannot accept cash
- Save time by asking complicated questions over the telephone or via email before your visit.
Collection Point for Reserved Items
Customers wishing to reserve items for collection can place their order over the telephone. The items will be reserved and made ready for collection.
- Reserve for collection can only be placed over the telephone, it is not possible to reserve items for collection on the website
- Reserved items can only be collected when the Sales Counter and Collection Point is open
- We are only able to reserve items that are in stock when the order is placed
- Any reserved items not collected within 7 days will be released
- Payment must be made at the time of collection
- We are not accepting cash; all payments should be made by card and contactless used for purchases of £45 and less
- Once purchased we are not able to exchange or refund items if you change your mind.
- Only one person is allowed in the premises at a time, you may have to wait outside if we are busy
Our Sales Counter and Collection Point in Portishead is only minutes from the Junction 19 of the M5 Motorway, and within easy reach of Bristol and the surrounding area. We are close to Bristol, Clevedon, Weston-super-Mare and the counties of Somerset, Avon, Gloucestershire and Wiltshire; the Severn crossing provides a quick route from South Wales. We have free parking just outside.
Model Railways Direct
Retail Unit 2
From Junction 19 of the M5 head towards Portishead.
At the first roundabout go straight on (2nd exit).
At the second roundabout turn right into Quays Avenue (3rd exit).
At the third roundabout turn left into Harbour Road (1st exit, do not turn right into Phoenix Way).
Take the third turning on the right into Newfoundland Way (sign posted Marina).
Continue down Newfoundland Way, the road turns sharply to the right and becomes Phoenix Way.
Continue along Phoenix Way (which is residential), the road splits into two lanes and then joins back together.
As it turns sharply to the left the shop can be seen on the left across the paved area with trees and a statue of two ladies (opposite house number 193).
Turn left just after the shop and then immediately left onto the paved area to the right of the shop which has several customer parking bays.
First Bus Service numbers X3 provides an hourly service, from Monday to Friday. All of them stop just outside the shop (Village Square stop in Portishead). The service runs to and from Bristol (Bus Station) to Portishead. Other services are available to Portishead, but stop in the town centre.