DescriptionDapol O 7S-007-006 Class 57xx Pannier L92 London Transport
The 5700 class were introduced in 1929, whilst the 8750 class followed in 1933 and by 1950 863 locomotives had been constructed, making this perhaps the most successful 0-6-0. G.W.R. Classification: Group C, Route Blue, changed to yellow under B.R. B.R. Classification: 3F. Designed for shunting and short freight workings, however it soon became clear that other duties could be performed such as branch passenger working and mainline freight, being widespread across the system.
The 8750 class can be distinguished from the 5700 class by the totally enclosed larger cab. Whistle shields and bunker steps with handrails were added from 1936. A new water feed was introduced in 1942 with the clack valves being fitted inside a case on top of the boiler in front of the dome, which became standard for builds after 1944. Between 1956 and 1963, thirteen 5700 locomotives were sold to the London Transport being painted in the attractive lined red livery. The NCB bought five 5700 locomotives between 1959 and 1965, with number 7754 still working in 1975.
Last of class withdrawn: 1966.
• Die cast Chassis and footplate for excellent adhesion and pulling power
• Powerful 5 pole motor providing fine power control
• Beautifully detailed body with correct body type variations applied where relevant with many separately added details
• Partial representation of working inside motion and many other exquisite fine details including:
• Four cabs for original 57XX, Later 57XX, 8750 Collett cab and London Transport cab
• Sprung Buffers
• Removable roof, secured with magnets for ease of fitting engine crew
• Working cab doors, where fitted
• Flickering fire box glow
• Ash pan with correct double brake rodding
• Expertly applied livery
• Wheels conform to the new O Gauge standard, suitable for O Super Fine
|Digital:||DCC Ready. Fitted with a 21 pin decoder socket. Requires 21 pin decoder.|
The postage on this item will be £3.99 within the UK mainland (excludes some Higlands and Islands), you can add as many additional items as you wish and still only pay the one shipping charge.
Items in stock are shipped within one working day, unless the order contains items marked as due in 14-21 days when the order will be held until these items are in stock.
Items marked as Pre-orders will be shipped as soon as they are received from the manufacturer, see each product for the estimated release date. An additional shipping charge may be made for these items.
To see a summary of your expected postage costs, add the items to your cart, click on the cart button at the top right of the screen and, from within the cart, click on , or go through to checkout.
More information regarding shipping can be found within the Shipping Costs page.
Stock Information✗ Out of stock, item Sold Out
This item is not in stock and we don't know when, or if, this item will be back in stock as it is sold out at the supplier.