£144.95 £123.21 £21.74
DescriptionDapol N 2D-002-001 Class 50 50043 BR Blue (un-refurbished)
The BR Class 50 is a type of Co-Co diesel locomotive built by English Electric at their Vulcan Works in Newton-le-Willows. Fifty locomotives were built between 1967-68 and initially leased to BR (fully purchased in 1973) to haul express passenger trains on the (then) non-electrified West Coast Line between Crewe and Scotland. After the West Coast Line was electrified, these locomotives were transferred to the Western Region, working from London Paddington to the South West, Oxford and from Birmingham to Bristol.
In the late 1970s the fleet was refurbished and named after Royal Navy Warships. These newly refurbished locomotives, with their simplified electrics, high intensity headlights and new BR Blue large logo livery worked out of Paddington and Waterloo to Salisbury and the South West. The Class was slowly withdrawn from the early 1990s with the last one being decommissioned in 1994. More than 20 survive into preservation including class pioneer D400 (50050).
This second ‘Next Generation’ Diesel model from Dapol has entirely re-designed chassis and electronics and incorporates the new iron cored 5 pole motor, offering excellent slow running and exceptional pulling power with reliability and robustness.
• Smooth running 5 pole next generation motor
• All wheel pickup
• All wheel drive via re-worked ‘smooth drive’ low maintenance mechanism.
• Die-cast chassis
• Available in Sound, DCC Fitted and DCC Ready versions
• DCC Sound ready, Next-18 decoder socket (Dapol recommended a 6 function decoder)
• Independent directional front/rear main lighting control
• Independent directional front/rear cab lighting control
• Main lamp and cab lighting override switches for DC users (Independent front/rear control)
• Removable self-centring close coupling mechanism with NEM pockets
• Standard NEM fitting N Gauge couplers
• RP 25 wheels
• Detailed body and fittings
• Printed name plates
• Accessory bag with etched nameplates and detailed buffer beam fittings
• Clip-fit body for easy DCC fitting
|Digital:||DCC Ready. Fitted with an 18 Next decoder socket. Requires an 18 Next decoder.|
|Approximate Pack Weight:||228g|
The postage on this item will be £3.99 within the UK mainland (excludes some Higlands and Islands), you can add as many additional items as you wish and still only pay the one shipping charge.
Items in stock are shipped within one working day, unless the order contains items marked as due in 14-21 days when the order will be held until these items are in stock.
Items marked as Pre-orders will be shipped as soon as they are received from the manufacturer, see each product for the estimated release date. An additional shipping charge may be made for these items.
To see a summary of your expected postage costs, add the items to your cart, click on the cart button at the top right of the screen and, from within the cart, click on , or go through to checkout.
More information regarding shipping can be found within the Shipping Costs page.
Stock Information✓ In stock
Only 2 left in stock - order soon.
Should you require more than 2 of this item, further stock is expected within 14 - 21 days from your order being placed.